It’s almost time for the biggest event in the amusement, attractions, and entertainment industry, IAAPA Expo! If you’ve recently joined the industry, IAAPA is the trade organization that serves our industry. Each year, there are a number of educational conferences, trade shows, meet-ups, educational webinars, FunWorld Magazine, and more. If you’re unfamiliar with IAAPA, check it out at https://www.iaapa.org/.
The IAAPA (Attractions) Expo in Orlando every November features a massive trade show floor, dozens of educational sessions and workshops, and networking opportunities. It’s an investment to make the trip down, though, so we’ve put together this list of six ways to help you maximize your time at this year’s event.
No. 1: Download the IAAPA Connect+ App.
IAAAPA Connect+ is the mobile app for IAAPA events and will provide program details, exhibitor information, session speakers, and a show floor map on your device. You can flag sessions you want to attend and exhibitors you wish to meet. You’ll also be able to view content after the expo On Demand.
In addition, IAAPA Connect+ allows you to connect with other attendees, individual session speakers, and exhibitor representatives.
No. 2: Attend a Networking Reception.
IAAPA hosts several networking receptions that provide terrific opportunities to meet other operators, industry leaders, and exhibitors. These events are ticketed and sell out, so be sure to get your ticket early so you don’t miss out. If you’re part of the FEC/LBE constituency, get your ticket for the FEC Welcome Reception on Monday, November 13th from 7:30-9:00pm, and say “hi” to our Brand Engagement Director, Sherry Howell, who is currently serving on the IAAPA FEC/LBE Education Committee.
No. 3: Divide and Conquer the Education.
With the many committees putting together dozens of educational sessions, you won’t have time to attend every session you want to, so it’s best to divide and conquer. Rather than your entire team attending the same sessions, strategize which sessions each team member will attend. More important, though, is to set the plan for what each of you will capture to bring back to the team. Set time after the Expo to connect and share what you learned.
For each session you attend, make a plan to capture:
- Speaker name and contact for you to follow up with if you have questions
- Summary of what was covered
- Result examples given by speakers
- Insightful audience questions
- The 2-3 biggest session takeaways that you believe should be implemented at your facility and why
Having goals before attending any educational event is a critical piece of the puzzle. As a reminder, the Expo education is broken into three types:
- EduSessions: 60 and 90-minute sessions that are presented or facilitated by one or more speakers or facilitators. Topics include sales and marketing, leadership, hiring and human resources, technology, food and beverage, safety, games, training, birthday parties, and more.
- EduTalks: 20-minute sessions presented TEDTalk Style. This year, the IAAPA FEC/LBE Committee is hosting three back-to-back EduTalks centered around the topic of developing a strong brand.
- Lunches: These are ticketed events over lunch, covering various topics. This year’s FEC/LBE Lunches are:
- Tuesday, November 14th from 12:00-2:00 – Power-Packed ‘Idea-a-Minute’ Tips to Recruit, Reward, and Retain Rock Stars!
- Wednesday, November 15th from 12:00-2:00 – Revolutionizing Marketing for LBEs and FECs: Leveraging the Power of Emerging Technologies
- Thursday, November 15h from 12:00-2:00 – The Business of Generosity
No. 4: Map Out Your Trade Show Plan.
With miles of exhibitors and booths, having a plan is a must. Make a list of the exhibitors you plan to visit and then use the IAAPA Connect + app to flag them and locate them on the show map. Group exhibitor visits by those close to each other and save yourself some steps!
No. 5: See What’s New at CenterEdge.
This year, our CenterEdge team will be exhibiting at Booth #4454. We’ll have many new products and offerings to share that are revolutionizing our clients’ businesses by offering cost savings and driving additional sales across multiple revenue centers. Visit our expanded booth, complete with our newest products like the all-new CenterEdge Hybrid Tablet. The space will also feature a brand-new Knowledge Bar for quick client training sessions and questions, AND a few surprises and special guests. Trust us, you do NOT want to miss us this year.
The IAAPA Expo will be here before you know it, and we can’t wait to share this exciting time with you. Hope to see you there!
Need tickets? Send your request to Marcey Seebaran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Email Updates
7 Things to Include in Your 2024 Plan
The Fun Station Grand Reopening
Sherry Howell Selected As IAAPA FEC Committee Chair
Mobile Food Ordering Integration With Truffle
Posts by Topic
- Advantage Payments (7)
- Brand Management (19)
- Business Growth (81)
- Capacity Management (2)
- CenterEdge News (30)
- Client Interviews (9)
- Credit Card Processing (3)
- Data & Reporting (12)
- Digital Signage (1)
- Event Management (20)
- Facility Management (10)
- Food & Beverage (8)
- Guest Experience (34)
- Guest Management (20)
- Holiday Season & Promotions (6)
- Industry Events (12)
- Inventory Management (1)
- Loyalty Programs (8)
- Marketing Tips (24)
- Operations (1)
- Point of Sale (10)
- Product Launch (11)
- Productivity (5)
- Profitability (35)
- Redemption Management (1)
- Sales (35)
- Season Passes (1)
- Team Training (60)
- Waivers (2)